Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Morro and Jasp: Go Bake Yourself

I saw this show opening night at NextStage back in January, the day I got back from my Christmas holidays and three weeks of cooking and hanging out with my sisters and my brother. 

Nothing takes me back to my childhood with my sibs the way these two do.  Amy and Heather may not be the next Julia Child in the kitchen, but when it comes to clowning, their work is far from half-baked.  In fact, the show totally cooked! That night, I laughed and cried, which to me is the mark of a great clown show.

Their show "Morro and Jasp Do Puberty" five starred and sold out here, and across the country: deservedly so. I saw it  in Edmonton this summer  in a packed theatre, and was knocked out by their heartfelt and very funny examination of the joys and travails of female adolescence.

This time, the duo are playing with a warm-up clown act that changes nightly. A number of very talented performers are appearing on their bill,  including Chris "Hilarious" Gibbs. The first time I saw Chris onstage, my sides hurt for two days afterward from laughing.

Tickets are a low, low $15. The show continues until this Saturday, March 30th at Cahoots Theatre.  For further details check out their website at
www.morroandjasp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment